Champagne British Car Festival 2020 Celebrates its 29th year in Central Illinois!
The Champagne British Car Festival (CBCF) had its beginnings as an all-British car show held at a community college in Springfield, IL. It soon relocated to Urbana-Champaign in the spring of 1992. In 2010, the festival moved to Bloomington, IL where the show found its current location at the David Davis Mansion on the City’s near east side.
What’s happening at the Champagne British Car Festival THIS YEAR?
- Friday evening, May 29th 5:00pm – CBCF Welcome Reception. Start your Champagne British Car Festival weekend by joining us Friday evening, May 29, 2020 for the CBCF Welcome Reception, sponsored by the Illinois Flat Land British Car Club. Our reception is an informal Meet & Greet with fellow British car owners at the Host Hotel, Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Bloominton
- Saturday May 30th – 10:00am The fun continues with a self-guided “Poker-Run” tour of local Route 66 and other attractions followed by a delicious sit-down banquet at our host hotel’s Conference Center, Double Tree by Hilton, 10 Brickyard Dr., Bloomington, IL
- Saturday 5:30pm Cash Bar / Social Hour – Host Hotel – Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Bloomington 10 Brickyard Drive, Bloomington, IL 61701. Hors D’oeuvres – Served throughout cocktail hour. Reserved parking area adjacent to host hotel. Pre-Registration Packets Available
- Saturday 6;30pm – Sit-down Dinner – Host Hotel – Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Bloomington 10 Brickyard Drive, Bloomington, IL. Combination (chicken & steak), Seafood and Vegetarian plate options available. Options are selected during pre-registration.
- Entertainment – Awards and Music by Jim & Tommy – Saturday’s CBCF Poker Run Awards followed by Music by Jim & Tommy (of The Bygones)
- Sunday May 31st – Dawn Patrol – Dawn Patrol – Qik-n-EZ convenience store (1607 Morrissey Dr., Bloomington, IL) Group drive departs promptly at 7:00 am for scenic drive to Jack’s Café Family Dining. (210 Sunset Dr., LeRoy, IL). Can’t make the drive? Join us for breakfast at 8:00 am anyway!
- Sunday May 31st CBCF Car Show – The weekend culminates on Sunday, May 31st with the Champagne British Car Show on beautiful Clover Lawn of David Davis Mansion, Bloomington, IL. The David Davis Mansion provides a wonderful backdrop to display over 125 British cars. The festival includes music, vendors, food and beverage options, tables and chairs to enjoy your meal and drinks. The entire grounds will be festooned with colorful Union Jacks and British car manufacturer’s flags.
More than 125 British cars are expected at this popular annual event, organized by members of the Flat Land British Car Club. Along with the usual influx of MGs, Triumphs, and Austin-Healeys, other British marques on display include Jaguar, Bentley, Cobra, Morgan, Lotus, Mini and Rootes.
ALL Triumph cars get the Featured Marque spotlight at the 29th annual Champagne British Car Festival being held May 31st at the David Davis Mansion State Historic Site in Bloomington, IL.
Triumph cars return as the 2020 CBCF Marque of the Year. Triumph is a British automotive company with a rich history dating back to 1885. The post-war revival of Triumph occurred in 1953, when the company released the TR2 sports car, which became the father of a whole series of sports cars and sedans, produced until 1980. ALL Triumph cars are encouraged to come strut their stuff as the Featured Marque for 2020.
The festival’s car show runs from 9:00 am until the awards ceremony at 2:30 pm on Sunday, May 31st. Awards are presented for the top three cars in their individual classes and for the spectator selected “Peoples Choice”. The State Farm Cup is awarded for the car selected as the best among the previous year’s class winners.
As with most car shows, the enthusiasts who volunteer their time and efforts have made the CBCF what it is today. The Champagne British Car Festival has become an annual event for many British car enthusiasts in the Midwest since 1991.
Got A Question About the Champagne British Car Festival?